Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!

    This is going to make you so MAD! There are three words in the Eng lish
    language that end in 'gry'. ONE is angry and the other is hungry. EveryONE
    knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryONE uses
    them
    everyday, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third word.
    What is it? _______gry?
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!

    That's simple, especially if you read the first sentence [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!

    i give up. i'm shallow-minded.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!

    I cant figure it out, but what sucks is that I know its right in front of me.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!

    Main Entry: onegry
    Part of Speech: n
    Definition: a state of being alone and unhappy
    Etymology: one + (an)gry
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!

    Big hint ... it's a synonym for the last word in the first sentence. C'mon. Y'all can do this.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!

    I am stumped.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!

    Onegry? Didn't know that one. I'm going to have to get out the dictionary a little more often. BTW,it's the last word in 722's post, minus the ().
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!

    So its gry?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_trio's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    1,341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN!

    onegry

    Why do you thing that the ONE is in bold every time..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •